Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kettlebell Snatch Form



Working on my kettlebell snatch. My form has undergone some changes and I've gotten some great advice from Tom Corrigan, RKC about how to implement some girevoy sport techniques into it.

I also got this from Petr via YouTube. He was kind enough to use these tools to create it. It shows the forces generated during my snatch - the first peak generated is as I pull the kettlebell from the bottom and the second peak is the bell as it falls. The valleys at the beginning and end of the graph are the bell at the bottom and the valleys in the middle (I think) are the bell at the top.



As a comparison, Petr also sent me a graph mapping the forces generated by a girevoy sport champion, Vasily Ginko.

4 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Thanks for introducing this new toy. I'm trying it in my computer. Neat stuff.

Boris said...

Thanks for checking in Taikei! I have no idea how to use it - if you use it successfully, I'd love to learn from you and look forward to seeing your results.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Yes, kind of like did it in my PC.
Java 1.5 is required to be installed to activate the software.
You click that link and it is installed.
The rest of the process is pretty much dependent on help documents.

I did it with my snatch but somehow just about the opposite your curve shows.

Boris said...

I'll try to play with it this weekend.

Hmm, that's odd. I don't know what that means...