Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 17 - Light Interval Work

Some days, just getting to the squat racks is a bit of a challenge. With commitment, there is no escape. The discipline is to keep going and not be greedy. Being attached to an arbitrary number or a set is a good way to end the run early.

Day 17 wasn't bad. My legs are tired. I think they will adjust, but for the time being, it's going to be low intensity and the rest of my training will take a hit.

I knew that I wouldn't be able to stomach a late night session, so I used a 25 minute stretch of time I had at about 5pm. The session consisted of a warm-up with the bar x 10 x 2 sets, and training sets of 135lbs x 10 reps x 9 on 2 minutes. I planned to do 10 sets but literally did not have the extra two minutes to spare. It was not hard and felt like mobility work.

Today's volume = 13,050lbs
Total tonnage to date = 190,755lbs

Please donate: American Red Cross

No comments: