Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 25 - ガンバレ日本!

I was watching a Japanese news program on satellite tv this morning. It was tough to watch a grown-man who works at the nuclear plant in Fukushima choke up at a press conference as he reported their frustrations. It was tough listening to people relate stories of helplessly watching others being swept away. It was tough seeing people trying to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives after being relocated in school gymnasiums and vacant apartment units.

I had time for a short training session after watching this. I did some higher rep sets and I was about to call it a day when my iTunes (set to randomly shuffle songs) decided to spit out Peter Gabriel's "Don't Give Up" - it's one of those tunes that always gets to me. Always has - probably always will. Maybe I keep it on my computer just to remind me that I'm not so badass. Whenever it decides to play, I end up fast forwarding through it, but not today...

Please give: The American Red Cross

No comments: