Sunday, May 22, 2011

No One Said It Would Be Easy...

Squat To A Million Update
Training has been better. After hitting the three-quarters mark, work-related stress, lawn care, and illness left me 15 pounds lighter. I don't complain about this weight loss to co-workers, by the way - they'd just give me one of those "Oh yeah, it must suck SOOO bad"-looks. Compounding the whole thing was inadvertently quitting caffeine as I could stomach little more than Gatorade for three days.

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were essentially only squats with an empty bar, but I've managed to keep hitting the racks every day and feel reasonably good doing so even when I had to run to the bathroom between sets. Finishing by June 1 is looking less and less likely, but I'll keep at it until it's done.

After 68 consecutive days of squatting = 818,733lbs down, 181,267lbs to go.

What's the point? American Red Cross - please give.

2 comments:

Rich said...

Boris--

Keep it coming....it's amazing what you have accomplished so far on both the lifting and fundraising front!

Rich

Boris said...

Thank you Rich. I could have and should have done more. I will be working on some things for later summer (probably another raffle, writing some articles, etc.) - hopefully, we can keep pushing those numbers up.