Saturday, February 25, 2012

Blogs Of Note VII

It's been a while since I've listed some blogs that I've thoroughly enjoyed. Check these out and let me know what you think.

Old Country Strong - I haven't spent a lot of time at this blog, but ran across it when doing a Google search for "stone lifting japan". I found this wonderful little gem - Stone Lifting In Japan

Este es James Fisher - a very interesting blog in the stream-of-consciousness-but-strength-and-fitness-related (kind of like our site here, I guess). I found this post, entitled Dining In Poverty (Victorian Nutrtition Compared To You...), very thought provoking.

Lyle McDonald's Body Recomposition - Lyle's writing is always a pleasure and he is never short of intellect and opinion. This older post, Pole Vaulting For a Hot Body, is classic Lyle, and should be an online classic period.

Dan John - I know he worries about over-saturation, but can people who have been training for a while and like to think deeply about the field of strength and conditioning really get enough of his stuff? This post: You can, but should you? is about the idea of "managing compromises" in training and life. It's a post worth printing out and rereading again and again.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I'm a regular reader and fan of the "Chaos and Pain" blog since you recommended it (with reservations) in your "Blogs of Note V", there is even an ebook out. Thanks for your suggestions and keep up reviewing and recommending other people's work :)

Boris said...

You bet. Thanks!