Saturday, October 19, 2013

One Hour Long Cycle 2013


Today, at satellite locations around the world, a handful of people will be spending a meaningful hour doing kettlebell long cycle clean and jerks ("long cycle" in kettlebell-speak = a clean before every jerk, for repetitions, never setting the bell down) to raise funds for cancer research.

It's been a long time since I've done any training to speak of with kettlebells, but I'll be spending my hour re-familiarizing myself with a 16kg Russian Red.

My 16kg looks like this (but it's not 32kgs obviously)

If you can, donate to the cause: firstgiving.com (one hour long cycle event)

If you want to spend an hour doing kettlebell long cycle, the whole thing kicks off at 11am, Pacific time. I'll be in my garage, and I'll be done before the west coast crowd, but I'll be with them in spirit.

No comments: